Monday 1 July 2013

Maneki Neko: A cat that gives you luck.



Maneki Neko also known as The Beckoning Cat. It as a small cat figurine made by clay or ceramic and Japanese people believed that it brings luck to the owner. And the figurine was from an image of a cute calico Japanese bobtail.

I
 I love this type of cat because it has the golden orange spot which actually brings luck and black spot for good health. And I have one of these cat at home and based on my experience, it really does brings luck to the owner. These Maneki Neko usually found in store, shops or bath houses. It is sometimes also called the welcoming cat, lucky cat, money cat, happy cat, or fortune cat in English.


These Maneki Neko are also used in my favorite anime Natsume Yuujinchou. The Maneki Neko was a cat called Nyanko- Sensei.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment